The work to renovate and revitalize The Cabot is being done in several phases over several years. The theater will be fully restored inside and out, and all systems are being upgraded and modernized.
Completed January 2016
- Secured ﬁre escapes to meet all building codes and ensure safety.
- Installation of digital cinema projection system.
- Installation of new theater sound system.
- Renovation of the marquee.
- Installation of new seats and viewing platform on the Orchestra level.
Streetside at The Cabot
Completed December 2017
We created a funky, comfortable and modern venue at The Cabot that can be a gathering place for sponsors, community events and a space to bring new and diverse programming to the North Shore.
Completed January 2018
- Upgraded The Cabot infrastructure including a new energy-efficient HVAC. system.
- Reinforcement of the roof.
- Upgraded fire alarm and sprinkler systems.
The Balcony, Balcony Lobby, Sound and Lights
Completed January 2019
- Replaced all balcony seats with new, wider, more comfortable seats.
- Restored the Opera Boxes and reopened them for seating.
- Upgraded the sound system with state of the art MEYER LINA speakers hung from the ceiling to improve the sound on both the orchestra and balcony levels.
- Installed a new stage lighting system to better serve performers and audience members.
Completed May 2021
- Returned the lobby to its original grandeur!
- Exposed and restored the original rose window.
- Restored the beautiful vaulted ceilings and the opulent neo-classical chandelier lighting the entrance.
- New box office, concession and bar counter.
The Elevator and ADA Compliance
Completion Summer 2023
- Improve access to Streetside, backstage and upper floor areas.
- Install an elevator to the second floor lobby.
- Modify doorways and hallways.
- Provide additional second floor restrooms.
Future Renovations Needed
Facade and Roof Work
- Renovate and enhance the façade of the building including new energy efficient windows.
- Roof replacement.
Artist and Patron Amenities
- Modernize the artist and patron experience including the renovation of restrooms.
- Upgrade the artist Green Rooms.
- Add movie surround sound in the theater.
TOTAL Cost of Restoration and Modernization = $10,000,000