Like Sleeping Beauty, The Cabot was kissed and reawakened in 2014 by a group of Beverly benefactors who dreamed of bringing the beautiful 1920 film and vaudeville palace back to life.
On October 1, 2015, Casey Soward was hired as Executive Director. Then, on December 13, 2015, Soward and the legendary impresario Fred Taylor brought Darlene Love, the grand dame of rhythm & blues who was a subject of the award-winning film “20 Feet From Stardom,” to the theatre. Newly hired Marketing & Communications Director Sue Auclair created and packed a press party, with Darlene attending and looking adorable in a red rain jacket! There was a huge applause when she entered the party, already in full swing. The party preceded the show and was held at Chianti Restaurant, across the street from The Cabot.
Since that day, the legendary theatre has received tremendous coverage from TV to print and radio to web. In six months, The Cabot had made so much noise, that it won “Best Under The Radar Theatre 2016” from boston.com.
Here are a few quotes with links from the print media:
“Darlene Love Fills The Cabot with Christmas Cheer” wrote The Boston Globe
“LOCAL GEM: Beverly’s Cabot Performing Arts Center thriving once again,” said The Beverly Citizen
“BEST OF THE NEW- 16 new ways to have fun in Boston in 2016: “Abracadabra! The magic is back at Beverly’s Cabot Theatre,” stated The Boston Globe Magazine.
“Just over a year after reopening its historic doors, The Cabot theater has transformed itself, hosting sold-out shows and attracting visitors from all over the region” said The Salem News.
“It’s [The Cabot] one of my favorite places to work and it’s so great, the people that come are such great fans and my fans push me on and that’s what’s so great about working at The Cabot, they just surround me with love.” – Darlene Love
“. . . It’s a beautiful place, a beautiful city and we’ll be there on November 25th, we can’t wait to see your [Darlene Love’s] show.” Jim Braude, Boston Public Radio, WGBH FM
Here are a few linked stories on radio and TV:
- WGBH FM’S Boston Public Radio with Jim Braude and Margery Eagan interview with Darlene Love, November 2017
- Ricky Skaggs on On Point
- Report by Andrea Shea, 90.9 WBUR; The Artery
- Boston Public Radio, 89.7 WGBH
- All Things Considered, 90.9 WBUR
- Radio Boston, 90.9 WBUR, Darlene Love 2015
- PRI’s The World, Darlene Love interview 2015
- WGBH FM’S Boston Public Radio with Jim Braude and Margery Eagan interview with Judy Collins, December 2017
- The Oak Ridge Boys on Here & Now with Robin Young Friday, May 18, 2018.
Segments on Greater Boston with Jim Braude, WGBH TV:
The Cabot’s press clipping packet is here: Cabot News Clippings
Some Recent reviews:
SOME PRESS RELEASES:
- The Cabot: Ricky Skaggs Friday! 3 New Concerts! New Movies
- A Saint Patrick’s Day Comes To The Cabot
- Laugh! It’s Robert Kelly! See La La Land!
- 4 New Shows! This weekend: Infamous Stringdusters | Peter & Paul
- New Now! IT’S THE CABOT CLUB! Join Us!
- Look! 12 New Shows!
- World’s Leading Chinese Acrobats Come To The Cabot!
- Oak Ridge Boys’ Shine The Light Tour Stops At The Cabot
- Photographer Matt Lambros Brings New Exhibit To The Cabot
Sue Auclair, Director of Marketing & Communications; Business Development
Sue@SueAuclair.com | 617.522.1394